Saturday, August 24, 2013

Survival

The first two weeks of 3rd grade are in the books! Thankfully they have flown by! I am now up to 17 students, 14 boys and 3 girls. Let's just say after P.E. and/or recess my room smells so great =). Our first unit for science this year is habitats. Mainly the habitats of Georgia. This has brought back great memories of the huge rainforest unit we did when I was in 3rd grade! That is one of the most memorable things I did in school. Unfortunately with common core and all of our time constraints that isn't something we can do. I'll be honest, these first two weeks I have just been surviving. Thankfully I have the weekend to sit and plan out a couple of weeks so I'm not panicing each day about what we will be doing the next day! I do have to brag and say that my class got an intercom shoutout from the principal yesterday for being the "model class" during our firedrill! At least I know we're doing one thing right!

I'm so excited to be going home next weekend! Nothing beats being spoiled for a weekend by mom, dad, and grandparents! And of course I have to mention that Auburn football starts one week from today! It's a strange feeling not being there for the first game, but I will be almost just as happy to watch it with my dad and brother! Thank you to everyone who has been praying and supporting me along the way! Continue to pray for my sweet kids and their families!

No comments:

Post a Comment