Tuesday, August 13, 2013

First Day of School

Well, yesterday was the day!!! It is a day I have dreamed of for many years now, and I can't believe I finally have a class of my own! I only had 10 kids yesterday, and they were wonderful! We did many "getting to know you" activities. I even had them do some guessing about me. (It is always fun to see what your kids think about you!) Of course only having 10 kids couldn't last, so I had 15 today. They were still just as great! Twelve boys and three girls. I know many of you are thinking, "Oh no! How horrible!", but I wouldn't have it any other way. I have found that girls bring drama, and I do not have the sass to handle them! I babysat a great family of four boys throughout high school and most of college and ever since I have found them easier! All except the sweet six year old girl, Mary Alderson, I babysat this summer! We had the best time together! She always kept me smiling with her singing, dancing, and writing songs! Oh how I miss her!

After two weeks of soaking up information and being overwhelmed, it felt good to have kids in the classroom to remind me why I became a teacher! Third grade decided to team teach this year! At first I was a little hesitant, but I have become very excited about it! I will be teaching math and science and switching with another teacher who is teaching reading and social studies! We will teach our own kids writing and health. While I love to read, math is by far my favorite subject to teach. I just love numbers! Science is very easy to make fun too, so I can't wait to get started!

I have had so much fun decorating my classroom! It still needs a little "cuteness" but that will come as time goes on! Here are a few pictures of my room!


This is where we'll do small groups and where they hang their backpacks. Many of the posters on the wall came from Mrs. Amy Bates!


Trying to make homework look fun thanks to my sweet friend Kellie!


This is where I will keep calendars and newsletters!


Love this calendar Mary Alderson helped me pick out!


Fun, fun colors!


This is my favorite spot in the room! I call it my "reading nook". It needs some decorating on the wall, that's next on my list!


More bulletin boards for student work!


The front of my classroom! 


So thankful I started buying children's books a few years ago! Also, my aunt just retired from 3rd grade and gave me all of her books! 




Bright "Happy Birthday" board that Mary Alderson also helped me pick out!

As you can tell, I have a million bulletin boards and a huge room! My room has a partition in it with the talented and gifted classroom on the other side. It is a much bigger room than any of the other 3rd grade rooms! It still needs a little work but it is coming along! Please pray for my sweet children that they will be able to leave any problems they have at home and come to school ready to learn! Also pray that I will be able to give them the love that they need! Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive and encouraging of me! Have a great week!




1 comment: