Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hitting the Ground Running

It has been a busy busy week! My parents got to Auburn on Friday, and we went to eat at Shrimp Basket! (This completed my week long list of places to eat before moving.) Then we started loading the U-Haul! My fabulous friends, Jennifer and Kali, helped us! With everyone it only took about an hour to get everything loaded and situated! I think it was probably midnight before we got to sleep. Although, I will admit that I barely slept. I was excited and anxious all in one! We woke up Saturday morning and got started painting! Finally we were on the road to Atlanta! Let me just say I am one lucky girl! I had nine people helping me unload/unpack in Atlanta! On Sunday, instead of unpacking like I should have, I spent the day doing fun things! I went to the Sweetwater Brewery and the Braves game! It was a perfect weekend!



Then the real world came knocking. I spent Monday and Tuesday at New Teacher Orientation for Fulton County Schools. Monday afternoon all the new teachers at my school met with the principal. She answered a lot of our questions and gave us a tour of the school! This included showing us our classroom!!!! It is extremely weird having a classroom of my own. I promise to post pictures when I have it all set up (aka late next week)! Wednesday we were all trained in DIBELS, which is the reading assessment we will be using. Today was the first day for all teachers. We are going to have the best 3rd grade team! I am so relieved to have met the other 3rd grade teachers and see how supportive and encouraging they are going to be! 


So I am not too sure how I am going to like this whole Eastern time thing. If you know me well, you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE my tv shows! Well they all start an hour later in Atlanta, many of them past my bedtime. I do have DVR and it will become my best friend! Something I had not thought about with Eastern time was how late the sun is out. Most people would say they love the sun being out until 9:00 at night. Not me. I like to get in bed around that time and read, watch tv, play on my iPad, etc., but when it is still light outside it makes that hard. On the reverse, it is also still dark when I get up in the morning. It's a lose lose situation! I'm sure I will get used to it and learn to love  it!

No comments:

Post a Comment