Monday, July 22, 2013

Change of Plans!


I received an email today, and I will be teaching 3rd grade instead of 2nd grade! I am so excited about this news! I was in a 3rd grade classroom last fall and couldn't have loved it more! Having an experience in the grade I will be teaching will be a huge help as I start my first year! My aunt also just retired from 3rd grade and has given me many things from her classroom! It is all working out perfectly!

Speaking of 3rd grade, I just want to mention how wonderful my own 3rd grade teacher was! Mrs. Sarah Ann Evans was such a blessing to me in school! I learned so much, and she is a huge part of me wanting to become a teacher. She had the perfect balance of being fun and meaning business. I can only hope to be half the teacher she was!

Just a little heads up of what my schedule will be like the next few weeks. I move in on Saturday. (woohoo!) New teacher orientation is Monday, July 29th-Wednesday July 31, and all teachers start August 1st. Kids start August 12th! I will see my classroom for the first time on Monday!!!!!! I literally cannot wait! I will be posting pictures and telling you all about my first day this time next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment