Monday, July 15, 2013

A Dream Come True

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your path." (Proverbs 3:5-6) This has always been my favorite Bible verse, but I truly learned the importance of it this summer. 

I graduated from Auburn in May with a B.S. in Elementary Education. I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. Both of my grandmothers and several aunts are teachers. I also had the most fantastic teachers in elementary school. Props to Barkley Bridge for setting such a great example of what elementary education should be like! 

The job search this summer was very slow. I was starting to get a little worried when it was the middle of June and I didn't have a job yet. A sweet friend encouraged me to look into Fulton County Schools (in Atlanta). I did so, and that same day I had three interviews set up. A week later I had accepted a 2nd grade position at Brookview Elementary School, Home of the Pandas! My sorority mascot was a panda, so you can imagine the excitement I felt knowing I could decorate my room with pandas!

My parents went with me this weekend to find a place to live! I will be 20 minutes from school, 20 minutes from grandparents, 2 minutes from my dad's cousins, and 30 minutes from an aunt and uncle (all depending on traffic, of course)! I am so blessed to be surrounded by so much loving family! (Not to mention its just an hour and a half from Auburn!)

It is going to be a crazy two weeks, but I am so excited for the next stage in life!  My heart is so full knowing I will have a classroom full of second graders needing all the love and prayers I can give them! I promise to do my best keeping my blog updated with lots of pictures and fun stories from 2nd grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment