Sunday, July 21, 2013

It's Not "Goodbye", It's "See You Later"

Well, six days left in one of the best places in the world. Auburn has been so gracious to me the past four years, and I am definitely leaving here a better person. I could not have imagined a more perfect college experience. I had two wonderful jobs with the best bosses, and I was constantly surrounded my people who loved and supported me in my endeavors. Not to mention all the friendships I have made! While it is sad that I am leaving this place, it is also so exciting to see what is next! Bittersweet.
The beautiful Samford Hall. 

My sweet six year-old that I babysit was out of town this week, so it gave me some time to pack. Let me just say that I HATE packing. The good thing about packing is getting rid of things I don't need. I filled many many trash bags full of things I didn't need, and it felt good!!! That being said I still have all of this from my room:

And that's just from my room, kitchen boxes not included. 

I said not "goodbye" but "see you later" to one of my dearest friends Friday. Amber and I had all of our classes together junior and senior year, and we taught across the hall from each other last fall. She has moved to Charleston for Teach for America! We will be teaching in similar situations, so I am excited for us to share experiences and encourage each other along the way! I've always wanted to visit Charleston, so what a better reason to go than to visit a friend!

I said "see you later" to many of my best friends earlier in the summer, but that doesn't make this week's "see you laters" any easier! Thankfully the sweet friends I will be parting with this week will still be in Auburn this year, more importantly only an hour and a half away from me! It will be a fun week of babysitting and eating at all my favorite places with some of my favorite people! Let my last week in Auburn begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment